Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meet the Browns

I think the Brown family is one of the most dysfunctional family I've ever seen. Everybody in the family has problems. I mean I can dedicate numerous blogs to the multiple issues with Mr. Brown. Nevertheless, I didn't write the blog to pick on the Browns, rather, I wrote thhis blog because I wanted to note that all families are dysfunctional in some way or another. Just in case you think your family has issues, consider all of the dysfunctional things prominent families in the Bible did. Abraham's wife, Sarah, gave him permission to marry her servant, Hagar, and then she turned around and tripped out on Hagar by ultimately having her thrown out the house. Lot offered his daughters to strangers in an effort to show his visitors hospitality. Jacob's brothers sold him into slavery because they were jealous. Moses's sister, Miriam, dogged out his black wife behind his back. David's son dethroned his father and made him flee for his life in the wilderness. In short, our families are not the only dysfunctional families God has dealt with. The good news is that though all of these families were dysfunctional, every last one of them were still blessed and highly favored by God. All I'm trying to say is that God is powerful enough and loving enough to bless us despite our dysfunction.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment