Sunday, November 22, 2009

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Dear Diary,

My name is Hagar and I'm the Egyptian slave discussed in Genesis 21:8-21. I was introduced when my master Sarah, Father Abraham's wife, decided to let me marry her husband so that I could do what she couldn't, get pregnant. Hold up! What she did was permitted by law. Well, Abraham successfully got me pregnant. Now you would think that everyone would be happy since Abraham, who was eight plus years old, finally produced an heir. From the time I got pregnant until Abraham kicked me and my son out fourteen years later, there was much tension between Sarah and me.
Because of the way Sarah treated me--literally like a dog--I had every right to be mad. She did everything she could to make my life a living hell, which included her husband kicking me and a teenage boy out the house with a few sandwiches and bottles of water that ran out before night fall. Nevertheless, God was with me and Ishmael and me every step of the way. God sent an angel to us the same day to care for us while we aimlessly wondered through the wilderness. In addition, God mad away for my son to grow up and be very successful. The fact that he still became successful despite the fact that he didn't have the presence of a daddy is an example of how God will care for the the oppressed, depressed, and dispossessed.
I guess I wrote this entry because I want to inform everyone that God will take of you and yours if you continue to trust in him. Because of all the good things that happened to me despite all the bad, I actually think the name of my diary should be changed from the diary of a mad black woman to the diary of a glad black wowan because I wouldn't have all that I have had I not gone through all that I went through. in short, all of the trouble opened the door for my triumph.

Sincerly,

Hagar, a glad black woman

1 comment:

  1. WAIT JUST A MINUTE! AM I ON THE RIGHT SITE IS THAT YOU MIN. BELL THESE SERMONS ARE REALLY GOOD I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE ONE ABOUT THE FAITHFULNESS OF OUR GOD AND HIS CHEATING SPOUSE. IN TODAYS SOCIETY WHERE MOST MARRIAGES ONLY LAST 2 YEARS. WE SERVE A GOD WHO IS REALLY PATIENT WITH US. WHEN WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN KICKED TO THE CURB A LONG TIME AGO. KRIS:)

    ReplyDelete